- The Dance Irish dancing is a form of cultural dance originated in Ireland hundreds of years ago. It is a dance rich in tradition and ethnicity. It is a form of dance where a dancer’s arms and hands are straight. Dancers perform intricate movements with their feet while holding their upper bodies straight and tall. Irish dancing is unique style of dance. Most people will recognize Irish dance when seen in performances and such shows as Riverdance and Lord of the Dance. It is a beautiful way of dance which many people enjoy watching. It can be danced in two ways-Solo dance or group social dance. There are two main forms of dance. The light dance, which combines the modern classical techniques and old traditional Irish dance steps, and the Hard or heavy dance in which while you’re dancing you make rhythmical figures. For this style is required special pair of shoes named Jig shoes. The social dance form is called Ceilli (Word for social gathering in old gaelic). In this form dancers dance in groups making different lovely figures.
- The Culture Irish culture includes custom and tradition , preserved for thousands of years , intertwined in their diversity, thanks to its rich history that this country has . Both demographically and religiously and culturally, Ireland combines the cultures of the indigenous peoples of Celtic origin, but of immigrants are foreign peoples through the ages. Emigration to other countries, in turn, does contribute to the promotion of Irish culture and customs. Today, people in different countries around the world celebrate not only Halloween, but also the national holiday of Ireland – St. Patrick.
- The beauty of the Irish countryside Irish does not only proud of where they live, but also captivates touch to it with a mystique that brings. Known as the “Emerald Isle” Ireland leads visitors from around the world to experience this mystery, enjoy pristine nature and be moved to a different world. Even today – in a world of modernization and high technology, Ireland remains a natural oasis preserved the purity of nature, mythology and spirituality of a rich folklore and culture.
- It is believed that mystical Irish landscape is one of the reasons for the deep spirituality in Irish. Over the centuries there have been past many nations and beliefs have changed, but religion and religious practice in Ireland were always respected .Mainly populated by Catholics, the country aware of other aspects of both Christianity and other religions. The image of God is present as a major figure not only in Irish literature, but often has a key place in traditional music. A great example of this is one of the most famous traditional songs – “Lord of the Dance”, on which it is named the world famous troupe of Michael Flattley :
“I danced in the morning when the world was young
I danced in the moon and the stars and the sun
I came down from heaven and I danced on the earth
At Bethlehem I had my birth
Dance, dance, wherever you may be
I am the Lord of the dance, said He
And I lead you all, wherever you may be
And I lead you all in the dance, said He ”
- Spirituality of the Irish is not only in the faith and worship of the divine, but in the presence of fabulous creatures like leprechauns and fairies in their minds . The latter does not cease to be a subject of concern not only in literature and art, but also inspired many musicians. Though known around the world , the image of fairies only in Ireland is so intense and diverse. The so-called ‘sidhe’ – a world of fairies – has kept its name and characters from ancient times. And to this day it is believed that these exquisite creatures could to affect human life, especially in the case of unbaptized child. As we can read in a book or listen to the songs Fairies love music and dancing, and thanks to its perfection in these arts can tempt mortals into eternal dance.
- Whether influenced by fairies, by nature or because of other reasons Irish were and are tempted by the music and dance time. This beautiful country is difficult to meet a family in which no one is doing that. Rhythms of folk music originating from ancient times and even though it was changed and modernized over time , they have managed to preserve traditional in themselves, and that in turn has kept the spirit of the nation. Even under British occupation Irish continued to play and dance. One of the legends of Irish dance tells how the reason for still hands in the dance originated exactly since when the Irish danced without hands closed gates to British soldiers cannot understand that they dance. This love of music and dance has helped them not only to preserve their folklore, but to develop it over time , expanding the boundaries of traditional music and in perfecting techniques of dance.
- Today in Ireland are organized folk festivals throughout the year, the biggest is that in August – All Ireland Fleadh Cheoil na hÉireann. Irish music can be heard everywhere in the country and in Irish pubs around the world. Concerts, dance Shoah and competitions take place all over the world, bringing back not only from Ireland or Irish communities. More and more people find themselves in Irish as interest and passion – for music, dance and The whole world of a unique culture.